This project is read-only.

This is VS2010 only?

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Looks like a nice project! Is this VS2010 only?

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Hi ESICO,

Sorry for the delayed response. I initially created it in VS2008 but using "preview" libraries for ASP.NET 4, especially Dynamic Data and the Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll. So I'm not sure it will compile correctly, but here's how you might get it to work.

1. Get Preview 4 of Dynamic Data: http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=27026

2. Setup the source code project using VS2008. You may have to recreate the project file.

3. Remove the reference to System.Runtime.Caching.dll

4. Add references to Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll from the preview build of Dynamic Data 4.

5. Replace references to System.Web.DynamicData.dll and System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll with those in the preview build of Dynamic Data 4.

6. Establish this COMPILE DIRECTIVE (in the project properties): UseWebCacheClass

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Hi

No worries. I installed VS2010 too. There are some dynamic data goodies in .NET 4 that are really usefull.

I did some research on how to get it to work with SubSonic 3 by just overriding (from the daoBase) some methods and it does work nicely except for associations. I just don't get that to work. Something with:'could not find Id on class person' (there is one though). I did not try the many to many relations.

Sincerely Edward

ps The source code is a nice peace of work.

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 08:41:45 -0800
Subject: Re: This is VS2010 only? [versatiledatasources:79092]

Hi ESICO,
Sorry for the delayed response. I initially created it in VS2008 but using "preview" libraries for ASP.NET 4, especially Dynamic Data and the Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll. So I'm not sure it will compile correctly, but here's how you might get it to work.
1. Get Preview 4 of Dynamic Data: http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=27026
2. Setup the source code project using VS2008. You may have to recreate the project file.
3. Remove the reference to System.Runtime.Caching.dll
4. Add references to Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll from the preview build of Dynamic Data 4.
5. Replace references to System.Web.DynamicData.dll and System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll with those in the preview build of Dynamic Data 4.
6. Establish this COMPILE DIRECTIVE (in the project properties): UseWebCacheClass

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (versatiledatasources@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email versatiledatasources@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Minder SPAM in de verbeterde Windows Live Hotmail